Thursday, 25 April 2013

Pin of the Day: 'Green,' Bronagh and the Boys




I have to admit I have never written a music review before, however, when approached by Bronagh from rising Glasgow band 'Bronagh and the Boys' to write a review on their new single, I definitely couldn't turn the opportunity down. So, here's my humble attempt at bigging up the brilliantly beautiful song that is 'Green.' Download it if you haven't already - link at bottom!

Green. For me, this colour brings to mind warm, hazy, summer evenings, with hot bums sitting on cool grass, trees blowing in the wind and fresh leaves growing on sun soaked trees. Ah, poetic. However, to this list, I now have to add ‘Green,’ the debut single of six piece Glasgow band, ‘Bronagh and the Boys.’ With beginnings in the West End of Glasgow, the band have had their fair share of gigs around the city's best musical venues, supporting different acts such as Rae Morris at The Arches, BBC Sound of 2013 Shortlist, Josephine at King Tuts, and most impressively, Newton Faulkner at Glasgow University’s biggest  end of year social event , Daft Friday.

Lead singer, Belfast born Bronagh, has been writing both musically and lyrically for the past two years and her sound has truly developed into something worth sitting up and listening to. With hints of Stevie Nicks, Laura Marling and Regina Spektor, Bronagh’s voice is a concoction of hauntingly beautiful melodies  and sweet harmonies resulting in an undeniably memorable musical quality . Imagine if Fleetwood Mac got in on musically with a more modern, soulful and mellow sound. ‘Bronagh and the Boys’’ ‘Green’ is what would be created.




‘Green,’ Bronagh admits, like many of her songs was written in around ten minutes, and like much of her writing reflects her mood or the fleeting thoughts of a particular moment.  She has also said that she wants to make songs that stick in people’s minds, which I must admit, ‘Green’ ultimately did. It’s kind of addictive, and the lyrics would not leave my mind as I struggled to shift them from my head and my under qualified voice box after giving it a first listen. With easy listening, mellow tones and the beautiful, harmonious voice of Bronagh throughout, I think ‘Green,’ is set to be, and definitely should be, on everyone’s summer playlist.  

Take a listen and download at: 




15 comments:

  1. Wonderful post...I really like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice discovery, thanks for sharing your thoughts !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there, I'm a music journalism study and I found this post really interesting to read. I'm definitely going to head over and download their track now! Would love it if we followed each other, so let me know on my blog?
    Take care, Sarah x

    sarahamyruth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the follow.^^
    Follow you back on bloglovin and gfc,too.
    Do you also follow me on gfc?
    Lovely greets

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the post! Great blog! :)
    Would love if we followed each other? :)
    Kelouise xo

    http://thebellelavieproject.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the comment and follow!! Followed you back via. GFC


    http://thefashioninbox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post!!! thank you so much for your visit! I follow you with GFC and Bloglovin!
    and I added you by g+ too! I'm very happy if you do the same.
    Have a wonderful weekend!! and my g+ for your post!!!:)))

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool post dear and amazing blog!
    Following you on Bloglovin, hope you'll follow me back!

    Marella

    http://memyselfandmycloset.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  9. interested in following each other via GFC./??
    http://fashionwithfitness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. amazing and unique purpose!! how stylish you are!
    i stay here, hope you fllow back <3

    www.malesclutch.blogspot.com
    Sergio,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice post :)
    Would you like to follow each other via GFC and Bloglovin?
    Let me know :)

    Kisses!

    http://www.gagcloud.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want to listen to their music now! Nice post and blog!

    http://www.carlysscloset.blogspot.com/

    Carly's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  13. you did a pretty good job writing this review, hun

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you write! I follow you now back Xjes SE

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for all the lovely comments! I read and appreciate them all and will either respond here, or shimmy over to your blog and say hello there! Lots of love, Megan xxx